Our engineering clients bid for and deliver £500m+ complex for government agencies, such as Highways England, and major utilities, such as water companies. Our brief was to enable their leaders to build high performing teams, successfully win work and mobilise with agility. Often, projects are complex joint ventures, and the leadership team will be an amalgam of partners’ representatives. As well as collaborating successfully, partners have to demonstrate maturity in relationship building and collaboration with infrastructure bodies and other stakeholders.
We have established a high-performing team approach that sees bidding for work and delivering work as part of a holistic life cycle. Key to success is establishing excellence in the following areas:
- Appreciating client’s needs and gaining deep insights into what clients value.
- Establishing a strength of feeling [to engage hearts] and logic [to engage minds] about the team’s vision and values.
- Embedding the capabilities and behaviours associated with vital success themes, such as collaboration, innovation and delivery.
- Identifying meaningful performance metrics, information protocols and core processes for an agile, responsive and coherent project or programme team.
By working with leaders at the bid stage, we enable them to establish optimal behaviours, and to do the thinking needed for rapid mobilisation upon appointment.
We have helped shift the probability of winning major projects – with an evidence base to support the value of the interventions we make.
- Commissioning organisations recognise teams are set-up to work collaboratively and score them more highly in bid assessments.
- Effective mobilisation and more work done ‘right first time.’
- Behaviours are integrated with ‘traditional’ points of focus, such as quality, and safety to create an authentic, holistic approach to work.